Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Primo Page from Breakfast of Champions


Take a wild guess what book I just finished reading. I'd been meaning to get around to it ever since I found a second edition copy for a buck at the Salvation Army near my old school. That was a buck well spent. 

Quick warning - I majored in English at said school, so I could easily bullshit forever on the myriad awesome little things about Breakfast of Champions. But I'll spare you and keep this short and sweet.

Known for its spot-on observations of human nature, loose self-aware style that makes no attempt to hide the wizard behind the curtain, and a whole hell of a lot of cartoonish illustrations, casual racism, and dick size stats, this is an easy recommendation for anyone who likes their literature to kick ass and shatter expectations. Read it! It's got a funny drawing of an asshole in it!

But the point of this post isn't for me to wax philosophic about why drawings of assholes make great literature. (They just do.) The point is that I had this idea to try and sell people on reading a great book by pulling about a page's worth of awesomeness from it and putting it on the ol' blog here.


So here it is, your Primo Page from Kurt Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions - all rights his:

No comments:

Post a Comment